‘all 4 hue’ is the most sophisticated app for Philips hue. This very complete app provides much more features and stability than competing apps and is perfectly suited for the direct control of the hue bridge as well as for the full automation configuration with timers, alarms and rules in combination with all available Philips hue devices like switches and sensors. With an additional upgrade this app can be used with up to 5 hue bridges.
This app is available as free version without advertisements but with some limitations. The free version can be used for unlimited duration. It is suggested to use the free version to check if the app fits to the users needs. In case of further interest additional features can be activated via in-app purchase to enjoy the complete feature set of the app. The app is available in German and English language. The app is continously improved – since May 2015 more than 150 updates with new features (without any extra charge!) were released.
Most important features:
– Full support and configuration is possible of all resources on your hue bridge: Lights, groups/rooms, scenes, alarms, timers, rules, sensors.
– All important resources can directly be controlled with the dashboard in the app.
– Complete programming of hue bridge automation is supported by using alarms, timers and rules. Common features can be programmed with the easy-to-use configuration wizard. Individual programming can be done manually by using rules with a lot of different conditions and actions.
– All your accessories can be organized and configured with this app (details see below).
– This app can react on device events (e.g. flash lights on incoming calls).
– Effects using the Philips hue entertainment feature are available (disco, bonfire, colorloop).
– You can execute functions of this app from other external apps (e.g. Tasker).
– The access to up to 5 hue bridges with this app is possible (after in-app upgrade).
Requirements and supported hardware:
– This app requires a Philips hue bridge – round (V1) and squared (V2) bridge supported.
– This app supports hue tap, dimmer, presence sensor, ambient light sensor and temperature sensor.
– This app supports all official Friends-of-hue switches.
– This app requires some permissions in order to detect incoming calls and sms (for device events). Details about the permissions can be found in the FAQ section in the app.
– This app can only be used within the local network, because Philips does not allow remote access via Internet to the hue bridge for third party apps without a special contract. The development team of this app is in contact with Philips to clarify the contract details and provide remote access most probably in the future.
Please feel free to participate in the community:
In case of any suggestions or technical problems the author would like to receive a mail instead of a bad rating. Ratings with 1 star without any reason or comment do not help to improve the app. Thank you!